What does system reserved mean

dlang94

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I am trying to recognize a hard drive in an external enclosure to run a malware scan, and I am getting system reserved on the drive icon.

Do I have to have the power supply to the enclosure or does the USB supply power since I am not using the sata cable?

nikorr

Distinguished
It could be that system reserved was reserved for the boot, but what drive that u put in? Brand new or used?

The 100MB partition is a system partition and contains boot files. Disk Manager will not allow you to remove this partition because removing this partition could cause the system to not boot.

nanarosa86

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
I am having the same problem. I got a western digital 1tb hard drive. Someone installed windows 7 ultimate for me...nice but it ended up being not being genuine. Since ultimate was too much. I got home premium. Had reinstall everything and had to reformat the hard drive. I went from a 1tb hard drive to a 99.mb of total space and instead of being a local disk its now being called system reserved Like , wtf did i do and how can I fix it. Do I need a new hard drive now. :(