What format to rip to harddrive?

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I would like to rip my CD collection to my harddrive. I've done some searching but am still not exactly sure what format I should rip them to the drive to.

Any input as to what format I should go with if quality and usability in the future. If I just wanted to burn an exact copy to CD again in the future, or wanted to upload them to a player, or have them available in a home media center. Quality and universial usability over file size.

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
quality and future universal usability over file size. So it sound like WAV or AIFF. Or possibly using EAC and FLAC.

I am using Windows 7. So I have the latest Windows Media Player to rip. I've also got Nero 9 which can save as WAVE(WAV). With Nero though it does save with cover art and information about the CD.

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009

Then should I use Windows Media Player and save my CDs at WAV, or use iTunes and save them as AIFF? What I am seeking is info on the best format as far as quality goes to save music CDs to harddrive.

I'm not getting much response about this here on this forum. Is there a more music oriented forum somewhere that might be a better place to check out and see what others are thinking is best?