Flareblood

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
I am new to all of this Linux mumbo-jumbo, so I'd like a Linux that fits my tastes.

1. I am new to Linux, so I would like a linux similar to Windows.

2. I don't want many pre-installed things, I'd rather find programs myself.

3. I'm not very advanced in computing, so I'd rather stay away from terminal commands and/or other advanced things.

4. It can't be too hardware intensive, as I just have an HP laptop.

Solution
I held back on posting on this thread to let someone else in first. My suggestion would be Mint but if a person new to Linux wants ease of programme instqallation, it probably is best to stick with Windows. Mint - and probably also Ubuntu - comes with just about everything you'll ever need but a lot of programmes come with an installation package these days so there's very little TAR GZ messing around in command line necessary.

You would probably want to get into it after a while - it''s very tempting not to get involved.

kodydoty

Estimable
Jun 19, 2015
If your looking into linux and you want to be able to install and uninstall things easily windows is your best bet.
but if your stuck on linux ubuntu is the easiest

I held back on posting on this thread to let someone else in first. My suggestion would be Mint but if a person new to Linux wants ease of programme instqallation, it probably is best to stick with Windows. Mint - and probably also Ubuntu - comes with just about everything you'll ever need but a lot of programmes come with an installation package these days so there's very little TAR GZ messing around in command line necessary.

You would probably want to get into it after a while - it''s very tempting not to get involved.

Solution