what is maximum distance between satellite dish and decoder for acceptable signal

Solution
Depends on the quality of the RG6 coax you are using. Use quad shield coax for best results and look for a good brand. As for the distance it all depends on how you run your cable. Without an amplifier then anywhere between 45-100m depending on the installation and cable used.

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Depends on the quality of the RG6 coax you are using. Use quad shield coax for best results and look for a good brand. As for the distance it all depends on how you run your cable. Without an amplifier then anywhere between 45-100m depending on the installation and cable used.

Solution

fred1940

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015

Problem is that Direct TV installer (an employee, not sub contractor) refused to consider a site on my home that he estimated to be 150 ft from from decoder and the electrical ground in my service yard. Also told me that while amplifiers are available from Direct TV they are only installed on commercial accounts. Also said a subcontractor might attach dish to a more discreet place on my home (like the fireplace chimmney) but any problems I had with reception would be the subcontrators responsibility not Direct TV. Anyone have any experience with Direct TV on these issues?