What is the best gpu for an pentium4 pc i want to use it for video addition and heavy duty recording apps?

Andre_82

Prominent
May 5, 2017
It is a windows 7 pentium 4 i want to know which gpu is better for heavy duty recording apps and video addition

Solution
Sorry to say so, but none... That platform is so outdated it won't be able to do any hardware supported encoding/decoding and lacks horsepower necessary for modern video formats. There is also a risk your machine has old AGP slot and misses PCI express. With PCIe modern graphic card you might be able to do some things with video, but heavy duty is out of question, slow cpu, ram and disk won't be able to keep up.

edit: To get into perspective, compare i5-7600K vs one of the latest Pentium IV EE (luckily, in Cinebench which is relevant indicator for you): http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/93?vs=1828

Jan_26

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
Sorry to say so, but none... That platform is so outdated it won't be able to do any hardware supported encoding/decoding and lacks horsepower necessary for modern video formats. There is also a risk your machine has old AGP slot and misses PCI express. With PCIe modern graphic card you might be able to do some things with video, but heavy duty is out of question, slow cpu, ram and disk won't be able to keep up.

edit: To get into perspective, compare i5-7600K vs one of the latest Pentium IV EE (luckily, in Cinebench which is relevant indicator for you): http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/93?vs=1828

Solution

cryoburner

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
"Pentium 4" covers a wide range of processors released from 2000 though 2006, so depending on which processor it is, it might be "ancient" or just "pretty old". If it were one of the "newer" ones, then the system might have a PCI Express slot that may be compatible with video cards capable of decoding and encoding video reasonably well.

The processor and other components would probably hold back the system's performance when running "heavy duty recording apps" though, even if the software were able to offload much of its work to the GPU.