What is the best headset for FPS gamers? Help me decide!

notvert

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Help me decide between Kingston HyperX Cloud II and SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism. I am looking for a good sound quality, not comfort. The HyperX Cloud 2 doesn't have a software for customizing sound so I am afraid I can't hear footsteps clearly as I do before. I am currently using Razer Tiamat 7.1 with Razer Synapse 2.0. Does the SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism require a sound card to function at full surround sound capacity? Is there any way I can customize the sound of the HyperX Cloud 2? Thanks.

Solution
the prism costs near $300 for one model and even more for another. for that kind of budget i would suggest just getting headphones, a modmic and an amp /soundcard if needed.

as far as "advantage" in games you will be hard pressed to find more than with the adg1 (ad500x, ad700x, ad900x headphones). bass light, wide soundstage. only con is that not everyone likes the wing design. its either a love it or hate it feature.

the prism costs near $300 for one model and even more for another. for that kind of budget i would suggest just getting headphones, a modmic and an amp /soundcard if needed.

as far as "advantage" in games you will be hard pressed to find more than with the adg1 (ad500x, ad700x, ad900x headphones). bass light, wide soundstage. only con is that not everyone likes the wing design. its either a love it or hate it feature.

Solution