WHat is the Difference between G752VS and G752VS OC edition Laptop?

Forthwind

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
I'm planning to buy a new gaming laptop and G752VS is my choice but i'm curious about the two variation which is the standard and the OC edition. Does the standard issue can be overclocked to be on par with the OC edition?Is the OC edition is just an overclocked version of the standard issue or there's more to it than a standard version?

Solution
OC edition has 7th generation procesor I think i7 7820 and regular has 6th generation procesor i think i7 6820... also in OC edition you get more ram and M2 SSD I think 256GB (maybe even 512) which you dont get in regular... so to sum it up better procesor, more ram and faster hard drive... but now regular edition is 1600$ and OC is 2500$ which is 900$ diference... thats a lot...

George Mulligan

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
There probably won't be a definitive answer to your question, however... Usually cards/machines sold as overclocked or "OC" editions have been tested and "binned" for their reliability at higher stress/frequency levels. So while you may be able to overclock the standard editions, it is somewhat likely you would have better overclock results and/or reliability with the "OC" editions.

Forthwind

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
I see. I thought of that too. I'm not into overclocking but since there's an overclocked edition for a little amount added then why not but i could still throw some extra cash for some accessories if ill buy the standard version. I'm still thinking on which one to buy. Thank you for the reply :)

Nikola_32

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
OC edition has 7th generation procesor I think i7 7820 and regular has 6th generation procesor i think i7 6820... also in OC edition you get more ram and M2 SSD I think 256GB (maybe even 512) which you dont get in regular... so to sum it up better procesor, more ram and faster hard drive... but now regular edition is 1600$ and OC is 2500$ which is 900$ diference... thats a lot...

Solution