What laptop movie editing software works best for videos captures in MTS?

Ivybridge13

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015
PowerDirector is wooed by most critics and it's tempting to buy it. However, of popular film editing software none seems capable of dealing with MTS footage. Question is: is this true and if so what is the way out? Thank you for your help.

Solution
Handbrake can convert MTS files to MP4 files and other formats which will make the files work with editing software. I just tested an .mts clip in Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 and it had no problem handling the file. I don't use PowerDirector so I can't comment on how well it works. Handbrake is a free download. You could look for a trial version of PowerDirector 13 and see if it works before you decide to buy.
Handbrake can convert MTS files to MP4 files and other formats which will make the files work with editing software. I just tested an .mts clip in Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 and it had no problem handling the file. I don't use PowerDirector so I can't comment on how well it works. Handbrake is a free download. You could look for a trial version of PowerDirector 13 and see if it works before you decide to buy.

Solution