What laptop processor?

chiipaschips

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Seems the Core2Duo gives best performance right now,but what's the best value for money in a laptop package.
Trying to find out how much more having a Core2Duo costs in laptop(if all other specs. are equal how much more is it).
Also how much more do you pay and for how much performance gain(is it double the money for double the power or double the money for 20% extra processing).
Looking at HP right now as they seem to be giving the best value.
Ta,Si.

asusman

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Probably the celeron m 410 cpu, $53 only

I doubt a C2D is 4x as fast as they cost $200 min

Get an Asmobile barebone and pop in what you want.

chiipaschips

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Naw,word processing & watching DVDs.Don't need much power most of the time,but every bit'll count the odd times I do.Definitely not for games though as ones with dedicated graphics seem to start at £600(my max. spend).
Looking right now at a Tosh with a T2400 and an Acer with T5500.Difference Acer has the CPU & a few extra pluses,the Tosh has an X1400(think that's it) ATI graphics & looks better & is meant to be sturdier.
Ta,Si.

I've looked at HP myself and it looks like Core 2 systems are around 100 USD more than the similarly configured Turion X2 version.

As far as the price being justified, it all depends on what you plan on doing with your laptop.

Most people here would say to go with the Core 2 system. Personally, I think it depends on what you do and how much you are willing to spend. I do think that the $100 is justified by the performance.

terror112

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
they are just trying to make money. Most laptop producers sell core 2 duo processors for double the price of core duo in their laptops. if you buy the processer seperatly the price is the same between C2D and core duo.

Javen13

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
What is the best Processer for playing games? I play WoW so that is what I need it for. Buying a laptop within the next few months.