What parts and barebone to choose?

WhiteThunder

Commendable
May 8, 2016
I'm planning to make a high end gaming laptop with the new gtx 1080 founders edition. And before you say just make a desktop, I do a lot of traveling and can't carry it around. I need help choosing a barebone laptop that will fit the 1080 with a decent cooling system. I also need help with the other parts as I am not very experienced. Thanks and please help!

Solution

That do what? Can run desktop video cards? Not really, they can run the desktop versions of the video processors, not the actual video cards. They take the core chips and install them on the laptops, they don't actually take the whole video card and click it into the laptop.

Have you seen a desktop video card? And have you seen a laptop? How do you put one in the other?

Once the new video cards come out, just do some web searches for a laptop that has those chips and you'll get the answer you are looking for.

That do what? Can run desktop video cards? Not really, they can run the desktop versions of the video processors, not the actual video cards. They take the core chips and install them on the laptops, they don't actually take the whole video card and click it into the laptop.

Have you seen a desktop video card? And have you seen a laptop? How do you put one in the other?

Once the new video cards come out, just do some web searches for a laptop that has those chips and you'll get the answer you are looking for.

Solution