what to consider when buying a new charger?

Thibaultx

Estimable
Oct 14, 2014
hello,

I want to buy a new charger, especially a small one because i have to carry it all day.
I have a MSI GS60 notebook, the charger specifications are the following:
Input: AC100-240V (worldwide use)
Output: DC19V 6.3A
Power: 120W

which factors(V,A,W) can be lower/higher when buying a new charger and what will the effect be?
I can life with slower charging, as long as the charger is compacter...

Thanks in advance, Thibault

Solution
Honestly, power adapters are best kept to stock replacements. It can cause issues with the computer by not having the right amperage and power. A lot of those aftermarket power adapters are known for starting fires. Heck, even the OEM ones from the manufacturer are recalled all the time for starting fires and exploding.

I would try your best to just keep a OEM one around that doesnt have bent, broken or crimpt wires. This will ensure years of use of your laptop without damaging any of the internals.

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Honestly, power adapters are best kept to stock replacements. It can cause issues with the computer by not having the right amperage and power. A lot of those aftermarket power adapters are known for starting fires. Heck, even the OEM ones from the manufacturer are recalled all the time for starting fires and exploding.

I would try your best to just keep a OEM one around that doesnt have bent, broken or crimpt wires. This will ensure years of use of your laptop without damaging any of the internals.

Solution