Solved! What you see is not what you get

May 31, 2019
Digital converter boxes are fine if you pay attention. I have tried several brands and they have the same issue. When you play back the video you recorded, you will be lucky if looks like the tv display image. Specifically, for 1080p resolution, the box record software needs a pretty strong antenna signal to reproduce a steady video. Playing it back shows the drop-outs, stuttering clarity, and disappointing results. All the while the tv shows a great model.
Real-time viewing is simply not available during the record process. Generally, 1080p is only available for channels 2, 4, 5, 9, and 50 and 52. 720p resolution has no problems at all. (how interesting) So, what do I do? Use my digital camera and film the tv screen. Try to minimize the fps difference. But the result is pretty good. Just thought you'd like to know. Thanks

Solution
Most over the air tuner/DVRs are built to be cheap.I suspect if you got a TIVO, Amazon Fire TV recast or Channel Master OVA DVR streamer the results would be better.
Over the air broadcasts are in 1080i or 720p. The standard does allow for 1080p but it's not usually implemented. A 1080i signal has to be deinterlaced where as a 720p signal doesn't. Less processing that costs money and takes time. 720p is better for motion than 1080i but it requires more bandwidth.
Most over the air tuner/DVRs are built to be cheap.I suspect if you got a TIVO, Amazon Fire TV recast or Channel Master OVA DVR streamer the results would be better.
Over the air broadcasts are in 1080i or 720p. The standard does allow for 1080p but it's not usually implemented. A 1080i signal has to be deinterlaced where as a 720p signal doesn't. Less processing that costs money and takes time. 720p is better for motion than 1080i but it requires more bandwidth.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS