What's a good laptop for me?

mynameiswilliamg

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014
so I have 488$ here. So I need a laptop that can play Minecraft, browse the internet and play some flash games, movies, and ms word. Is there a laptop like that at my local bestbuy? (Nearest on is in emeryville, CA) I just went there today and the man said he reccomends this HP laptop that had quad-core and amd processor. He said this will fill my needs. I will be playing on a modded server that has a ctf plugin and classes. He said as long as I don't use graphic mods i'm fine. Remeber that I need extra money for tax and mouse, and warranty. If It's a bit over it's fine. on the contrary can I download world of tanks? It would be better but if I can't i'm fine.

I'm a bit suspicious.. It only 380$.. < Should I not worry and be happy of the price? I feel wierd that my friend bought a Macbook Air with 8 gigs of ram for 1300 $... Should this be nothing to worry about? Because I know that you should be suspicious if you see a cheap laptop.

Solution

OK so AMD laptop which run without dedicated Graphic card use integrated to the processor graphic processing unit. so this unit will share memory with processor.

If you have 2 memory RAM component which are identical, they will run in dual channel which mean the graphic processing units will be able to operate a larger band of data so more pixel so better graphic performance (for minecraft).

AMD APU (processor) are good almost only if it's an A10. since quad-core APU are A8 and A10 brand, you need to make sure it is an A10 APU.

Then look on the model of this APU there are many different. if it is A10-5750m then you are good to go.
hope this help

pierrerock

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
well if it is AMD A10-5750m then yes it will fill your need as long as it is runned with 2 ram dimms in dual channel. I have a hp envy 15 with this APU in with dual channel memory and it outperform a I7 4700MQ with HD graphics 4600. so make sure it's :

- AMD A10 APU and it is a 5750m or a 5757m
- it has 2 identical memory dimms since apu will take cpu ram to drive graphics, dual channel will double your VRAM bandwidth.

if yes then this laptop is perfect for you

pierrerock

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014

OK so AMD laptop which run without dedicated Graphic card use integrated to the processor graphic processing unit. so this unit will share memory with processor.

If you have 2 memory RAM component which are identical, they will run in dual channel which mean the graphic processing units will be able to operate a larger band of data so more pixel so better graphic performance (for minecraft).

AMD APU (processor) are good almost only if it's an A10. since quad-core APU are A8 and A10 brand, you need to make sure it is an A10 APU.

Then look on the model of this APU there are many different. if it is A10-5750m then you are good to go.
hope this help

Solution