When I go to bed at night my Dell computer is switched off but when I get up in the morning it's restarted it's self

Cloudy1

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
Try disabling fast Startup - assuming that you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10.

See here for a solution for Windows 10:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

The procedure is very similar in Windows 8, 8.1 so have a Google.

I have had the same issue with a couple of machines and disabling fast Startup is generally a good fix for the problem ... I.e., with fast Startup enabled it is not a true shutdown and unless you can isolate the problem to a specific device which may allow the computer to reboot with fast Startup enabled ... this is sort of a solve all.

Give it a go and see if it solves the issue and if so your boot time is really not going to be impacted dramatically anyway.

Cloudy1

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
Try disabling fast Startup - assuming that you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10.

See here for a solution for Windows 10:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

The procedure is very similar in Windows 8, 8.1 so have a Google.

I have had the same issue with a couple of machines and disabling fast Startup is generally a good fix for the problem ... I.e., with fast Startup enabled it is not a true shutdown and unless you can isolate the problem to a specific device which may allow the computer to reboot with fast Startup enabled ... this is sort of a solve all.

Give it a go and see if it solves the issue and if so your boot time is really not going to be impacted dramatically anyway.

MLG_No_Scope

Prominent
May 23, 2017
it has to do with your automatic maintenance mode in your pc control panel settings

go to your control panel -> system and security -> action center -> automatic maintenance. turn off: "allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my pc"

hope it helps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 1