when I have my monitors plugged into my laptop while it is on charge my monitors make a noise

Mr_JTB

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
when i have my laptop on charge and my monitors plugged on at the same time my monitors constantly make a noise, all of my monitors are individually powered . if i have my speakers plugged in while my laptop is on charge i don't have this problem. when I change my power options on my laptop the noise get louder if i chose high performance and quieter on power saver, is there anyway round this problem, maybe by lower the current out of the jack port? (these are studio monitors)

Mr_JTB

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
It's more of a buzzing noise and on my speakers I have through an amp it's fine, it's only on my individually power monitors and my subwoofer I have this problem

JayHatchell

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Does it happen when you plug out your laptop charger and run on the batteries ? I had this very same problem took me ages to figer out what it was but it ended up been the charger its self so i had a uni charger lying around, plugged that in and the problem was gone straight away. Laptop chargers dont last, they eventually wear out and the leads become broken so well worth checking to see if this resolves your problem

Mr_JTB

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

there is no noise when my laptop is running on battery, but this does it on my iPad and my phone, both have the same problem as my laptop. I have tried a uni charger, still makes the noise, but i think its a power problem, because when i change the power options on my laptop, the noise is louder when i have it on performance but it quietens when i put it on power saver.

JayHatchell

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

Sorry for the really late reply but did you resolve your problem after, i ended up getting more sockets put into my studio instead of using 4 gang extension leads this also helped reduced the noise level, but my charger was the main problem the wire had come lose of the adapter, so any time i plugged a 3.5mm jack into the headphone out i always got a buzzing noise coming out of my speakers, once i changed the charger it was gone,