When I turn on my camera, it is a only a black screen, it worked before.

Jayne_4

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
Fairly new Acer Aspire laptop Series F5 camera will not work. I checked the logs and it said it had been deleted. Then the same day it said it was reinstalled. I tried to reinstall the driver, but it says it is working properly.

Have you tried going into "System Restore" and restoring the system to a point just prior to the camera troubles? If not, I would try that.

Since this is a new computer, should the issue not be easily fixed, I would then contact the place you got it from and request a replacement. New computers shouldn't give problems.

Jayne_4

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
I have already talked and worked with Acer. They just say send it back. I am an author as well as a genealogist and cannot even begin to tell you how hard this would be. I have tens of thousands of pictures, many diffent versions of a couple of books, and files that go back for years. I just finished getting everything on this computer the first of the year. They wouldn't even take over the computer and check it to see what was wrong. My last Acer lasted for years with no problems.