When I turn on my Toshiba lap top it go on black screen at the left top it tells you no Bootable device ---please restart syst

David_287

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
When I turn on my lap top it a black screen can't do nothing it the top left hand corner it tells me no Bootable device please restart system how do I do that
If I can't make it work

Solution

It cannot find the HDD with the operating system on it. has the bios been updated or setting changed lately or maybe the HDD has failed or connections are failing or the operating system itself was corrupted
Hi,

It seems like your laptop is not detecting the HDD that has Windows installed in it. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist, do load the laptop into BIOS and see if your HDD is listed or not.
- If the HDD is listed set it as the first boot device then save and exit and reboot your laptop.
- If the HDD is not listed that means the problem is the HDD. Try to remove it off from your laptop then put it back in just to make sure that its seated properly.
- If all these will not work you'll need to replace the HDD itself.

Mark_1970

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

It cannot find the HDD with the operating system on it. has the bios been updated or setting changed lately or maybe the HDD has failed or connections are failing or the operating system itself was corrupted

Solution