When I want to move my media files from my Samsung Galaxy S4 internal phone storage to my external SD card, I keep getting an

ronch69

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
When I want to move my media files from my Samsung Galaxy S4 internal phone storage to my external SD card, I keep getting an error message "moving failed". How do I rectify this? I also can't delete existing files from my phone internal storage.

Solution
Try the following and see if any work for you.

Option 1.

Go to "Settings" and then "Storage." Unmount the SD card and then Remount it (without having to actually take the SD Card out).

Option 2.

Turn off the phone, take out the SD card from the phone and then put it back into the phone.

Option 3.

Should neither work, back up all files that are on the card to a computer and then got into "Settings" and then choose "Storage." Now you want to choose "Format SD card". Once it has been formatted, you can put the files back on it.
Try the following and see if any work for you.

Option 1.

Go to "Settings" and then "Storage." Unmount the SD card and then Remount it (without having to actually take the SD Card out).

Option 2.

Turn off the phone, take out the SD card from the phone and then put it back into the phone.

Option 3.

Should neither work, back up all files that are on the card to a computer and then got into "Settings" and then choose "Storage." Now you want to choose "Format SD card". Once it has been formatted, you can put the files back on it.

Solution