where can I buy a speaker to connect to a DVD player that is played through a projector and shown on a screen?

talvet

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Where can I buy a speaker that I can connect to a DVD player? The DVD player is hooked up to a projector in the ceiling and the DVD is being projected onto a pull-down screen at church. I have picture but no sound.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
you can buy an adapter like this then use pc speakers or such if dvd has rca outputs.......https://www.amazon.com/30S1-01260-Stereo-Female-Y-Cable-Connector/dp/B000I23TTE/ref=sr_1_2/163-8987171-0684459?ie=UTF8&qid=1476994647&sr=8-2&keywords=rca+speakers

you can also get a cheap sound system for a tv that uses rca such as this https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Theater-External-Speakers/dp/B003VAK1FA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1476994895&sr=1-2&keywords=sound+system

theres many options and the best price options very. if you have a optical digital sound out you can also use it. just depends on your dvd player outputs and what you want. honsetsly you prob find what you need at wallmart or any local tv/electronic stores you just need to know what type output your dvd player has

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
you can buy an adapter like this then use pc speakers or such if dvd has rca outputs.......https://www.amazon.com/30S1-01260-Stereo-Female-Y-Cable-Connector/dp/B000I23TTE/ref=sr_1_2/163-8987171-0684459?ie=UTF8&qid=1476994647&sr=8-2&keywords=rca+speakers

you can also get a cheap sound system for a tv that uses rca such as this https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Theater-External-Speakers/dp/B003VAK1FA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1476994895&sr=1-2&keywords=sound+system

theres many options and the best price options very. if you have a optical digital sound out you can also use it. just depends on your dvd player outputs and what you want. honsetsly you prob find what you need at wallmart or any local tv/electronic stores you just need to know what type output your dvd player has

Since this is for a church a PA speaker will be more effective than a system designed for home theater.
You could connect a bluetooth transmitter to the DVD player and use a speaker like this one
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IX12?adpos=1o3&creative=55686218521&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=IX12&gclid=CN39u42f7M8CFUUehgod7zkCNA
It will give you remote control via iphone or ipad which will make it easier to adjust the volume and other controls.
Since it is wireless it saves you running cables from the DVD to the speaker.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
well the op hasn't said anything but I assumed it wasn't for the main sanctuary. If it was all he would need to do is feed the dvd audio out into the sound board. I was thinking it was for like a smaller meeting room.

OP will have to say more details to know for sure

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
shiva.ram54 Streaming Video & TVs 4
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1