Solved! Where Plug Bluetooth Transmitter?

RPMinJAX

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Objective: Get TV audio in wireless headset via Bluetooth. I gather there are a few possible places to connect the Bluetooth transmitter’s 3.5mm plug: • TV • Cable box • Receiver headphone jack (front, near USB port) • Receiver audio out (rear), etc. Which is best?

Solution
61No2gOTa3L._SL1500_.jpg

This particular transmitter, it has two types of connectors, the 3.5mm audio is also commonly referred to as an ANALOG connection, this connector will hookup directly to your TV's headphone out, which surprised, also has the exact type of jack. So all you need will be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable.

If you TV doesn't have a headphone-out but a Toslink Out, the SPDIF connector as pictured above IS a Toslink connector. Again, if available, all you will need then is a Toslink-to-Toslink cable.

You are over-thinking this. All that explanation is simply to say, square peg to square hole.
Top most obvious question is, what kind of connection does the transmitter provide? look for the same thing on the TV.

Having looked at few of these things, I wager plain analog stereo, so TV headphone-out will be the most obvious and easy. If not available, your next option is Toslink via a Toslink-to-RCA (analog) converter, but be aware some TV may not allow volume control via Toslink and it's up to your headset to do the volume control.

RPMinJAX

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

RPMinJAX

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

61No2gOTa3L._SL1500_.jpg

This particular transmitter, it has two types of connectors, the 3.5mm audio is also commonly referred to as an ANALOG connection, this connector will hookup directly to your TV's headphone out, which surprised, also has the exact type of jack. So all you need will be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable.

If you TV doesn't have a headphone-out but a Toslink Out, the SPDIF connector as pictured above IS a Toslink connector. Again, if available, all you will need then is a Toslink-to-Toslink cable.

You are over-thinking this. All that explanation is simply to say, square peg to square hole.

Solution

RPMinJAX

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
My TV headphone out is 6.5mm, so I've bought a 3.5-to-6.5 adapter, trust that'll work. New BT transmitter scheduled to arrive today, so we'll find out.