Solved! Where to attach blue/gray speaker wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2019
I have Panasonic speakers (SB-PM53) that go with a Panasonic CD Stereo player (SA-PM03). The speakers have both red/black and blue/gray wires attached to them. Where do the blue/gray wires get attached on the back of CD player or can I just cut them off and do no harm?

Solution
Those speakers are described as biwire speakers but since the owners manual for the CD/Amp doesn't show that they would not have been original to it.
One pair of wires does to the woofer and the other to the tweeters. You need to connect two of them to the plus red terminal and the other pair to the minus black terminal. Question is which colors go together. I will guess the the red and blue go to plus and the black and grey to the minus.
Those speakers are described as biwire speakers but since the owners manual for the CD/Amp doesn't show that they would not have been original to it.
One pair of wires does to the woofer and the other to the tweeters. You need to connect two of them to the plus red terminal and the other pair to the minus black terminal. Question is which colors go together. I will guess the the red and blue go to plus and the black and grey to the minus.

Solution
This is a picture of the back of that stereo system, it clearly shows 4 speaker connections per speaker which is what you use. Still not sure why you wanted to cut anything.

s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.