Solved! Which amp should I get for these speakers?

Nov 8, 2018
A few months ago I got a pair of Soundtech CX4C pa speakers and I've been trying to learn what I can about them but my biggest problem is finding an ideal amp to power them. Each speaker is 340 watts RMS and 8 ohms. Again there are two of them. What would be the best amp for me to get to properly power these guys?

Solution
Since 8 ohms is a pretty easy load to drive any stereo amp from 100- 350 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms will work. The higher the power the louder they can play. More power doesn't make them sound better unless you actually need to use that power. You have to double the power rating to get a 3db higher volume. That means that you get the same difference in volume when you go from 50 watts to 100 watts as you get when you go from 200 watts to 400 watts.Your price range will dictate a particular make and model.
Since 8 ohms is a pretty easy load to drive any stereo amp from 100- 350 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms will work. The higher the power the louder they can play. More power doesn't make them sound better unless you actually need to use that power. You have to double the power rating to get a 3db higher volume. That means that you get the same difference in volume when you go from 50 watts to 100 watts as you get when you go from 200 watts to 400 watts.Your price range will dictate a particular make and model.

Solution