Which anti-malware solution is the best in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goyim

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
I need to know which vendor I should go for since I'm going to be starting a new build from scratch, which is the most stable, powerful and reliable AV as of today?

Jul 20, 2018
I do not believe there will be one right answer.

Most famous anti-virus protections have the same or close to the same detection rate. Some free recommendations are Avast, Sophos Home, AVG, Avira, Malware byte, and 360 Total Security. Although I have used all of the ones I have recommended, I personally use Avast Free, not because it is any better detection wise, but because I like the GUI and simplicity of it.

Good luck finding your preference!

Ztdutxjgxgtu

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
All these anti virus is virus to me.
It scans pc all the time , making high usage on cpu and disc drive. Un usable for mid range pc
It will sometime detect virus, which is not. And deletes game dll files , so unplayable.
Even real virus detected, it constantly popups saying it cannot be deleted

Jul 20, 2018

Even with a mid range build, the cpu usage from these AV’s is not significant enough to really notice. Using Avast for years and never really had an issue with it scanning randomly. Also having game files automatically deleted seems odd to me. Of course false positives may occur on files here and there, but adding exceptions to files/folders is very simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.