which are best specs for gaming laptop for minecraft pc game

help1234

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
which are best specs for gaming laptop for minecraft pc game

HP Envy m6-1310sa with amd quad-core A10-5750m, 2.5ghz, 4mb cache, 1TB HDD, RAM 8gb DDR2, 2gb Radeon HD 8550G.
OR
HP Pavilion 15-n083sa with amd quad-core A10-4655m, 2ghz, 4mb cache, 1TB HDD, RAM 8gb DDR3, 2gb Radeon HD 7620/8670.

Please help as my son wants one for Christmas and I have narrowed it down to these two which seem to have best specs for our budget but are now stuck as to which is better and more powerful.

Solution
Certainly.
I looked over the specs of the two and I would advise getting the Asus. It has the best CPU out of all the systems you have listed, and the closest in performance to the y510p.
The graphics in it are similar to the ones in my personal laptop. They also beat all the other systems you have listed so far. As I mentioned before, at least I think can't remember, anyways my brother runs a system with a similar graphics card. His desktop has a graphics card that almost identical to the one in this system, and his CPU is actually a good bit slower. He plays minecraft on high settings, and only his CPU stops him from playing on the highest settings.

So with the Asus I am quite sure your son will be able to play minecraft without any...

IInuyasha74

Honorable
I think you have a slight mistake in your listing. Both of them should be DDR3. I do not think that any modern systems support DDR2.
Actually after checking there is another mistake. The 8550G on the Envy does not have 2GB RAM, it is in the CPU and uses the system RAM.

Now to answer your question, I would get the HP Envy probably. If his big game is Minecraft you need a good CPU for it. My brother plays it using a graphics card that is weaker than that inside of the HP Pavilion, but stronger than inside of the HP Envy. He doesn't do bad playing it, but his CPU is a very weak Celeron processor, and sometimes has a lot of slow down because of it.

So I would advise getting the HP Envy, because the CPU is better and the graphics are still good, but you can find a better laptop still.

help1234

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I've double checked on pc world site and it definitely says DDR2 and 2 GB Ram. Therefore does that mean that they are advertising something showing the wrong specs. Assuming that is the case, then am I correct at saying that the Envy is the better laptop but not as powerful graphics card. How do I know the graphics will be good enough as all my son keeps saying is that it must not lag on minecraft.
Which other laptops would you recommend with a max budget of £600

IInuyasha74

Honorable

Yes the advertising is wrong greatly.
I do not know if you know anything about computer parts, but the main piece we are dealing with is called a CPU. Just think of a square. In that square are smaller squares. One of these smaller squares is called "Memory Controller". Memory is another word for RAM. Anyways, because it is in the CPU, it has to be the same on all computers using this model of CPU, and this model is not capable of using DDR2.

DDR2 is older and runs at a slower speed that is no longer supported.

Another one of those small squares is the "Graphics chip", which pretty much handles all things related to what you see on the screen. Because the CPU is limited to being a small square, and the graphics chip is inside of this, there is not enough space inside of the CPU square with all the other materials to fit RAM inside that the "graphics chip" can use.

What it might mean, is that the Laptop uses 2 GBs of the larger 8GBs of RAM inside of the laptop. However anyone with technical knowledge knows that there is a big difference between the two.

You are correct in your statement. The Envy is the better laptop, but not as powerful graphics. The graphics I can tell you from personal knowledge and experience will be enough. It tends to perform a little better than the graphics in my personal laptop, and that is enough for my brother to run graphics on fairly high settings for Minecraft.

As for a laptop, on Amazon or another site which you can get laptops from, please try searching for these.

Lenovo y410p
Lenovo y510p

This would be my best recommendation. THe y410p is only 14" computer but it is usually cheaper. The y510p is 15.6" and a little more expensive.

Here you can grab them for around $700, but I have no real grasp on your currency. There are many models of each so just see if you can find one that is in your budget. These systems perform much better on all aspects over the others listed.

help1234

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Apparantly the Lenovo y410p is not available in the UK for some reason. The y510p sounds perfect but is over my budget i am afraid. I have found these two others though if you wouldnt mind giving your opinion. Hopefully these specs have been listed correctly.
Lenovo G505s, AMD A10-5750m quad core, 2.5 GHhz - 3.5 Ghz Turbo, Cache L2 4MB, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, 2gb dedicated graphics AMD HD 8570 2G.
OR
Asus X550CC, Core i7-3537U dual core, 2 GHhz - 3.1 Ghz Turbo, Cache L3 4MB, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, 2gb dedicated graphics nvidia geforce GT720M.
Your help is very much appreciated.

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Certainly.
I looked over the specs of the two and I would advise getting the Asus. It has the best CPU out of all the systems you have listed, and the closest in performance to the y510p.
The graphics in it are similar to the ones in my personal laptop. They also beat all the other systems you have listed so far. As I mentioned before, at least I think can't remember, anyways my brother runs a system with a similar graphics card. His desktop has a graphics card that almost identical to the one in this system, and his CPU is actually a good bit slower. He plays minecraft on high settings, and only his CPU stops him from playing on the highest settings.

So with the Asus I am quite sure your son will be able to play minecraft without any trouble on high settings.

Solution

help1234

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Thank you for all your help and advice, I will order the Asus one for him straight away. Brilliant, that means I will have completed all my Christmas shopping.
THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU