Solved! Which Bloatware can I remove?

JerrWolf

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Just got a new laptop via my school and it has a lot of bloatware on it.
https://i.imgur.com/7tafOIL.png
https://i.imgur.com/jQ0hhBQ.png

First time owning a premade PC (first time laptop), I'm use to my custom PC having no bloatware so seeing all those programs gave me a heart attack lol.

Solution

Don't do that. You'll need

• ■Alps, for fine control of the touchpad options
    ■HP hotkey support, which is usually what makes the Fn+F? hotkeys work (for things like volume, brightness, WiFi on/off, etc)
    ■Probably HP Power Manager, these extra power management programs are usually used to give you additional options for controlling your battery, like setting a min/max charge limit to help preserve battery longevity.
I don't recognize the rest. Try going to your laptop's support website, and look at all the drivers and software available for it. That should give you a description for what each of these do.

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
You probobly don't really need any of those HP programmes, but i would advise that you go through them and check weather they are useful to you or not and then decide weather to remove them or not.

You should also look in msconfig (i'm not sure if that is still on Windows 10) or use CCleaner and check your start up items, see if you can remove some that are unnecessary.

JerrWolf

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014

I'll do that, I tried using the "Should I remove It" program but it didn't seem useful this time around.

I spent a lot of time today checking Device Manager going driver to driver updating everything haha.

Don't do that. You'll need

• ■Alps, for fine control of the touchpad options
    ■HP hotkey support, which is usually what makes the Fn+F? hotkeys work (for things like volume, brightness, WiFi on/off, etc)
    ■Probably HP Power Manager, these extra power management programs are usually used to give you additional options for controlling your battery, like setting a min/max charge limit to help preserve battery longevity.
I don't recognize the rest. Try going to your laptop's support website, and look at all the drivers and software available for it. That should give you a description for what each of these do.

Solution