UbieAnton

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Hey everyone,

I've been doing research for pretty much a month about headphones and still everythig is vague of which headphones would be the best for me. I would love if you could help me choose. Please help I've been obsessive researching, I haven't done anything else for weeks >.< not even gaming...
Soo lets start with the budget, I can spend 130 euro at max. I don't have any amp or dac (well I got Xenyx q502 USB mixer).

I will be using them for mostly mmorpg/rpg games like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, The Witcher. Also some shooter games like Battlefield, Fortnite and Overwatch. Watching movies is also fun so thats another point xD
I often listen to different types of music (classic, metal, hip hop, trap, pop, rock and those epic orchestral stuff xD).

One of the biggest problems is that I can't test any heaphones in a nearby shop, well there is a shop that sells Beats... So I need to purely trust the internet on this one.

Things to consider:
- Since I play a lot of open world games I would love to have a large soundstage so I get a more immersive feeling.
- I really like open ear headphones that are comfortable
- Clean neutral sound since I listen to a lot of different music
- Mostly will use them at home so idc if it is open or closed design
- I don't need a mic, I got a great mic already
- I don't have an normal amp only Xenyx Q502 USB, my motherboard is Asrock b150 pro4s with Realtek ALC892 with ELNA caps

The headphones I've looked at that are in price range and what I think about them:

- DT 990 250ohm
- They look soo comfy
- Prolly not gonna work since too much impedance and low sensitivity and it needs a good DAC to make the highs less aggresive (scared that It will be too much in some music that a I will listen to)
- DT 770 80ohm
- Look awesome!
- Requiers amp dac combo probably..
- Bit scared of the aggresive sound
- Hyperx Cloud Alpha
-They are a headset but I heard they sort of compete with hifi headphones in the same price range
- Seem to be my go to atm since they are they most neutral and don't need an amp/dac
- Have a feeling I will miss out a lot compared to other headphones audio quality
- AKG 701/702
- Have clean neutral sound
- Probably won't work either since I heard they need a good amp
- Sennheiser HD569
- Don't know a lot about these
- ATH M50x
- I've heard good stuff about them but I heard the soundstage is missing
- If you know any other please recommend.

Already thanks for the help!

Solution
D
Oh wow that much? I thought if anything Sennheisers would be cheaper in Europe.

I don't have any first hand experience with anything else you listed. The HD 569 is the same as the HD 598 closed back but I haven't heard it to compare the sound though. Tyell at Innerfidelity liked it.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLoqJjnQMs"][/video]

What you listed as what you know about each of them is very similar to the impressions I have about them.

I do know the DT 770 80 ohm is quite popular especially in studio use. I don't believe it has the same ear breaking highs as the DT 990.
D

Deleted member 217926

HD 598 or HD 599. I still use my 598s for gaming despite having 'better' headphones. Soundstage, imaging and comfort are great and they don't need an amp although they will benefit from one. They're great for music as well. Be warned they're many people's gateway to higher end audio though!

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HORNc3QQ9mc"][/video]

D

Deleted member 217926

Oh wow that much? I thought if anything Sennheisers would be cheaper in Europe.

I don't have any first hand experience with anything else you listed. The HD 569 is the same as the HD 598 closed back but I haven't heard it to compare the sound though. Tyell at Innerfidelity liked it.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLoqJjnQMs"][/video]

What you listed as what you know about each of them is very similar to the impressions I have about them.

I do know the DT 770 80 ohm is quite popular especially in studio use. I don't believe it has the same ear breaking highs as the DT 990.

Solution