Question Which i5-8GB-1TB laptop will be the best?

Oct 24, 2019
Hallo friends, I am planning to buy a i5-8GB-1TB laptop. I got some options from the local store-
Lenovo Ideapad 330
Dell inspiron 5580
Dell inspiron 3576
Acer Aspire 5s
HP 15da 1058tu
Would you please help me to choose the best one? I will be using Android Studio, MATLAB or some CAD software, and lots of chrome browsing with multiple tabs open.
Another thing I would like to ask is- If I go for a 4GB RAM laptop (like Dell vostro 14 3568 or Lenovo Ideapad S145) and add another 4GB, would it be the same? Any help will be a lot for me. Thanks.

Reactions: Paul99pro
Oct 31, 2019
Hey there! In my opinion HP is out of question. I've seen a lot of my friends using them, and they're ridiculously slow irrespective of the specs. Now I don't know much about Inspirons, but I think they are not the best thing Dell have produced, (the opposite may be true.. :-] ) Then comes the lenovo. The Ideapad series is meant for low specs, so when you buy i5, 8gb.. watch out, the machine might be at it's limit, that means no upgrades may be available. As far as I know Ideapad 330 s (at least most of them) come with a 4+4 layout when given a 8gb ram,(4 soldered, 4dimm) so you have no ram slots free. But it has a good display and a huge storage (2tb !!). Overall specs is really good at this price. The Acer Aspire 5 series looks like the biggest bang for your bucks as they offer solid specs at really low price.. but that's where you should get suspicious about the build quality. Anyway, as you have not mentioned which specific variant you are going for, I can't go into much details. I might have gone for the lenovo Ideapad 330...

Reactions: Shounak3.14
Oct 31, 2019
Hallo friends, I am planning to buy a i5-8GB-1TB laptop. I got some options from the local store-
Lenovo Ideapad 330
Dell inspiron 5580
Dell inspiron 3576
Acer Aspire 5s
HP 15da 1058tu
Would you please help me to choose the best one? I will be using Android Studio, MATLAB or some CAD software, and lots of chrome browsing with multiple tabs open.
Another thing I would like to ask is- If I go for a 4GB RAM laptop (like Dell vostro 14 3568 or Lenovo Ideapad S145) and add another 4GB, would it be the same? Any help will be a lot for me. Thanks.

When you add 4GB after purchase, that means you can't upgrade anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: