Which is better for Starcraft 2 HOTS Max Settings? Desktop CPU in laptop vs 2 980m SLI in laptop?

Lemarsghast

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
The two laptops that fit the title are the Sager NP9772-S with an Intel i7-4790K and a MSI GT80 TITAN with Nvidia GTX 980m SLI. The sager is like $1000 cheaper than the MSI laptop and I personally only have the budget for the sager but if you guys recommend me for the MSI then I will save up for it. Also, I personally think the MSI design looks way better than the Sager.
P.S DO NOT RECOMMEND ME TO GET OR BUILD A DESKTOP I TRAVEL A LOT!!!
P.P.S ANSWER THE MAIN QUESTION: WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY
Thanks for this great community :D

Solution
For Starcraft 2 the MSI is way too much. You don't need an i7 CPU either unless you are doing video or CAD work.

Even the SAGER is more than what you need specifically for that one game, but that is by far the best buy for the price of the two. You can get a laptop for $1,600 that will run any game well at good settings.

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there honestly if you can get the MSI go for it you will be one of few people in the world who we can king badass and let me tell you why the MSI over the Sager first of the MSI has the first ever mechanical keyboard in a laptop secondly that big flat black space on top of the laptop near the screen hinges is actually an access panel which can be easily removed for which MSI says you can open and upgrade your SLI GPU's in the future soo you dont have buy a new laptop to get better graphics cards. anyways thats my 2 cents

For Starcraft 2 the MSI is way too much. You don't need an i7 CPU either unless you are doing video or CAD work.

Even the SAGER is more than what you need specifically for that one game, but that is by far the best buy for the price of the two. You can get a laptop for $1,600 that will run any game well at good settings.

Solution