Which language should i learn first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandre Askmo

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
So yea, i've seen the threads for the same question I have, but we all have different needs in programming :)

I'm a business developer and what I'm going to want to use it for is basically what excel can do but have my calculation templates be self sufficient, user friendly, and visually more appealing than just emailing different excel templates to colleagues for them to use. Plus the fact that I more or less have to teach them how to use every individual template.

I don't know if i made my needs clear, i hope i did :)

I also want to, apart from the above stated, create an interactive map for personal use, using google earth as a base. What language would that require?

I want to finish off by saying thanks to all of you who are active in this community and helping me and others in our needs. I'm an avid excel-forum user and just am fascinated by how helpful people can be and also generous with their time. So yea, thanks :)

/Alex

USAFRet

Illustrious
For your Google Earth thing, JavaScript and the google API.
https://developers.google.com/earth/

For your Excel - put clearly worded labels next to the relevant cells:
"Put Value X here -> _______"

And then a 'Go' button to start the recalc or whatever.

Alexandre Askmo

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Thanks USAFret for the help with google earth.

As for excel, sure I know i can take the easy way, but i actually want to take the time to learn programming needed for created a visually appealing program for the calculations :)

Oct 20, 2018
You can lean first C language for gaining skill in any other languages because c language is the base of all language. Interested students who are interested to go in development field then C is more necessary. After that you can choose Python, java, .net, SAP, PHP and many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.