Which Laptop is Better?

ElectrikBlew

Estimable
Nov 28, 2014
Hi everyone! Currently trying to choose between these two laptops:

Toshiba P50T-B041 15" Touch Notebook
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/toshiba/toshiba-p50t-b041-15-touch-notebook/673775/

Acer R3-471TG-72AG 14" Notebook
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/acer/acer-r3-471tg-72ag-14-notebook/673373/

This will mainly be for school work, standard powerpoints, word processing and minimal photo editing. I will probably also use it for light gaming where I don't want to carry my pc around. I know there are probably better options but I am limited to this retailer so don't bother finding 'better alternatives'. Thanks.

jaguarskx

Champion
The Toshiba is the better laptop.

It has a more powerful CPU and a higher resolution screen. However, it is hard to say how good the quality 1920x1080 resolution screen (or any screen) is without any reviews.

The AMD Venus Pro-M2 should be equivalent to a Radeon HD 8850m graphics chip which is a lot more powerful than the GT 820m in the Acer laptop.

icehowler

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I suggest you get the Toshiba because it has full HD resolution. The screen will be significantly more clear and sharp on it than on the other one.

jaguarskx

Champion
The Toshiba is the better laptop.

It has a more powerful CPU and a higher resolution screen. However, it is hard to say how good the quality 1920x1080 resolution screen (or any screen) is without any reviews.

The AMD Venus Pro-M2 should be equivalent to a Radeon HD 8850m graphics chip which is a lot more powerful than the GT 820m in the Acer laptop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
someoneelseisbetter Laptop General Discussion 4
10BS Laptop General Discussion 3
B Laptop General Discussion 3
CuriousFox123 Laptop General Discussion 2
aeSeixas Laptop General Discussion 0
D Laptop General Discussion 3
Kesake Laptop General Discussion 8
M Laptop General Discussion 0
EddieC375 Laptop General Discussion 2
masterot1234 Laptop General Discussion 11
M Laptop General Discussion 7