i wonder to choose which one this laptops my budget is about £1500 or 2550 $
i am thinking about
MacBook Pro 15 with iris pro
asus g 750jx
gigabyte p25w
thinkpad W540 or t540p
dell precision M3800
or any recommendation of yours
important factor for in battery life running games like fifa 14 smoothly i am going to use MS office every day even with mac i will install windows, durability is important factor as well i will need to keep it for 4 years i guess
i am currently having Vaio vpcf12s1e i buy it at 2010 but it is at end of its life cycle and getting slow thanks for your help

Shall i wait for broadwell? i heared i will be in Q2 2015 so too long to wait for it i guess

Solution
Hmmm.... if battery life is a huge concern then the Macbook Pro or the ThinkPad would make sense to me. However, if gaming is a priority (FIFA 14 on high settings) then I'd go with the ASUS as well. If you don't mind medium settings, then the Macbook Pro or ThinkPad would work just fine.
Hmmm.... if battery life is a huge concern then the Macbook Pro or the ThinkPad would make sense to me. However, if gaming is a priority (FIFA 14 on high settings) then I'd go with the ASUS as well. If you don't mind medium settings, then the Macbook Pro or ThinkPad would work just fine.

Solution
I would go with an asus myself as i have one but it is biult for multimedia rather than gaming. You could go with razor blade or msi ghost if portability but will have to sacrifice on the settings. But as all you are going to play is fifa, any laptop in the £600 - £800 mark should be enough in my opinion.

armin89

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

the thing is i usually buy a laptop/pc every 3-4 years so i prefer to have high end one for longer time :)
razor blade is very nice but it is not supported in uk i guess

armin89

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

is asus as durabale as old vaio pc's ? i had dell and vaio dell battery was very poor after a year but vaio one was still in good condition

armin89

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

i love the design of allienware but how durable is battery life? shall i change the battery but each year ?
how about build quality ? i would like to use laptop for 3-4 years will it be durable enough till then?

From what I've heard, ASUS's are pretty durable as velo3100 has said. I wouldn't go for a VAIO since they're predominantly focused on aesthetic than value/performance. Also SONY is going to phase out their VAIO laptops so the support for their laptops may disappear in the near future. If you had pick between an ASUS or a VAIO, the ASUS is the clear winner!