• Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple iPad Mini w/ Retina Display

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SeveredSoul_X

Estimable
May 14, 2014
1. Is This Your First Time Buying A Tablet? Yes / No.

No

2. Do you already have an operating system in mind? If so specify (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Windows RT, Windows 8, etc)

I'm on a toss up between Android KitKat and iOS

3. What screen size do you have in mind? And your preferred resolution (not required but helps)?

Around the 8" mark, high definition (around 2500x1600)

4. Preferred Brand(s) - (ex. Microsoft, Samsung, Asus, Apple)

Samsung or Apple

5. Brands Not Preferred (specify why) (ex. Hannspree, Acer, etc.)

N/A

6. How much do you want to spend on your tablet?

Around $400 + tax

7. Do you have cellular service? Or do you want the tablet to be WiFi only?

WiFi Only

8. If you do have cellular service, who is your provider and how much data are you allowed per month?

N/A

9. Do you want the tablet to be a full laptop replacement?

No, just something to watch videos, social media consumption, and some minor eBook and eTextbook reading

10. What existing apps do you use? What do you intend to do with this tablet?

All the Android apps I need are on my cell phone, so I'm trying to figure out if I want to try out a new mobile OS or if I should stick with what I know. I'm always up for learning new things but I'm not sure if iOS is worth learning about

Extra Information

I am an avid technologist looking for a new tablet to use. I recently had a Google Nexus 7" but the screen broke when I dropped it about a foot off the ground. Therefore I'm in the market for a new tablet. I've always used Android devices, but the latest iOS updates and foreshadowing has me considering getting the Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display. I currently have an Android phone that takes care of all my "Android" needs, so should I take a step into the Apple Market and see what it's like?

Thank you very much for reading and I hope some of your answers can steer me in the right direction!

Ethan Carter

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
Go for an iPad Mini with Retina. For media consumption the form factor is perfect for watching videos for hours at a time. Not too heavy. I love the iPad Mini. Go for it

Definitely go for the Ipad mini if you are satisfied with your phone with android. Samsung is only good if you have a samsung phone and want to view the apps on a larger screen whereas the ipad is more robust in terms of the app stability and software updates.