Which Ultrabook to buy? Acer S5 or Asus Zenbook Prime?

reddd123

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hello,
I currently have the old generation Asus Zenbook Prime UX31, I will be upgrading to either the Acer S5 or the Zenbook Prime 13 inch.

The reason I am asking is because right now we are clear the Acer S5 is $999 includes an i7 ivy bridge processor as well for that price, I think we can expect the zenbook prime 13 inch will be $1100 but include an 1080p screen but also with i5 processor not i7 for that price, though Acer's magicflip is really cool, but what do you guys suggest? I am open to other ultrabook suggestions as well, was looking at the HP spectre XT as well but its also $999, but I see the S5 have better value considering the XT holds an i5 processor for that price.

Also does the new i5 vs i7 ivy bridge ultra low voltage consume more power? Like does i7 use more power than i5?

muhatidus

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

ithink with the low voltage consume, the ivy i7 has the same power with i5 sandy bridge, dont event imagine tht ivy will boost more speed than the old i5 sb, cz u know, however the energy consumption is vital on gadget, morever on computing process....

reddd123

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Well I learn that the S5 is $1400, with i7 and 256gb ssd, I am just looking for lower model guess no config, so I will just get the 13 inch zenbook prime if price is decent if not then I can live with 11 inch as my only and primary pc I hope it work out.