Which version of Acrobat for a school?

al92

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
A school I work for needs to be able to make some additions to a PDF plan of the building, to update it in line with some recent changes. To the best of my knowledge, Acrobat is the best software for editing PDFs, but when I've been looking at subscription options, I'm a little confused by the different options.

I'm pretty certain they don't need Acrobat Pro, but there's also Acrobat DC and Acrobat 2017, and I'm not exactly sure of the difference. It just needs to be a desktop app, useable on Windows 10, to edit text on the PDF.

Any help or clarification would be gratefully received!

Cheers.

Solution
Acrobat Reader can place notes over a PDF document, and these notes can be saved into separate file.

For Windows - try DrawBoard PDF (both store and standalone app), it can do basic annotation / editing of a PDF files.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Those "additions and changes" need to made with the original CAD application, or something compatible.
Acrobat is not the tool for this.

al92

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
Hi,

It's not for changes to the plan itself, it's simply to annotate - for example where a room on the plan is listed as G20, we would add a label that that is the Year 3A classroom or whatever.