White noise problems

bobverheul

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hello,
I'm experiencing a very annoying problem; I just connected my pc to my flatscreen (with a hdmi cable) and also to my monitor (with a VGA cable) and since I did that, i'm having some problems with my audio. For example when i start up GTA 5 or Battlefield 4 i'm hearing a white noise on the background. When i'm not playing games I can also hear a softer white noise... I already tried changing my sound settings from 16bit to 24bit, updating my drivers, turning on Vsync in the games, disabling my TV audio on my pc and on the tv it self but nothing seems to work. Maybe anyone knows what the problem is...

Thanks,
Bob Verheul

Solution
Hi
Could you give a bit more detail ?
What is your sound going through if it is not the TV, are you using headphones or a speaker system ?
If you remove the VGA cable from the monitor do you still get the noise ?

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Could you give a bit more detail ?
What is your sound going through if it is not the TV, are you using headphones or a speaker system ?
If you remove the VGA cable from the monitor do you still get the noise ?

Solution

bobverheul

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

I'm using 2 speakers which are connected to my amplifier (AKAI AM-U33 INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER) which is connected to my computer. the weird thing is that when I pull out the audio cable (one like these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Phono-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B000Q6LSVS) and connect it to my telefone and play music, the noise is gone so it has something to do with my computer. I also just grounded my pc but that didn't fixed it either.

bobverheul

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

I accidently clicked on "best solution".... :heink:

makkem

Distinguished
Was the audio from your computer OK before you connected it to the TV .
what happens when you try using the monitor and the TV seperately ?
I think you will need to post on forum feedback and ask a mod to remove the best answer.