Why are youtube videos all choppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grenseal

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Hi, I've been a problem viewing youtube videos in 360p, they load complete and sound fine but the videos are choppy as hell, I can play them at 240p but I don't want this as it's a bad viewing experience now I tried the downloading media player 10 and it still doesn't do anything, please help me with this problem as it never happened before and I don't know the cause of this. Do I need to give what specs I'm running on mt computer? Is there a virus that is doing this?

Any help is welcome.

jrocks84

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Adobe Flash Player is what Youtube uses, not a media player. Try updating it and it might work better. Also since the new flash can use the graphics card, try updating your graphics card drivers too.

Grenseal

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010

I can't upgrade the card because I have a built in one so I can't

and I did get flash and nothing is different

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
jrock isn't suggesting you upgrade the card. The suggestion was to update your drivers. That's the software that runs your hardware. It's a good idea BTW.

Grenseal

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010

Doesn't that cost a lot of money? I don't have any kind of money for that these days, which is why I don't upgrade anything unless it's free.

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Drivers are free. You must download them so I guess you must pay for an internet connection (TINSTAFL). However, since you are using an online forum I would assume that the internet cost has already been applied.

How about this: what is your hardware and what operating system are you using? Pre-built computer model, motherboard, onboard graphics chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS