Solved! Why does Youtube randomly pause my music?

Dec 16, 2018
I listen to playlists and every so often it will pause and ask me if I want to keep watching. How do I make that stop? If I didn't want to watch the video or listen to the music, I would just close that tab.

Solution
My thought is that there is some power saving function kicking in after noting "x" minutes of inactivitiy.

E.g., no keyboard or mouse actions. You just put on the earphones, sit back, and listen. (And maybe snooze away....)

Try timing the pauses to see if the time is consistent. Then look for a matching configuration within power saving settings.

Another thing you can do is use a third party utility tool to simulate mouse movement. Then the "power saver clock" is restarted.

I have used "Mouse Move" in the past to do just that....

My thought is that there is some power saving function kicking in after noting "x" minutes of inactivitiy.

E.g., no keyboard or mouse actions. You just put on the earphones, sit back, and listen. (And maybe snooze away....)

Try timing the pauses to see if the time is consistent. Then look for a matching configuration within power saving settings.

Another thing you can do is use a third party utility tool to simulate mouse movement. Then the "power saver clock" is restarted.

I have used "Mouse Move" in the past to do just that....

Solution