why is my sound bar not working with apps

jamice2

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
I have a toshiba 50" smart t.v. and an rca sound bar. I have it connected with a coaxial cable. Nothing else is connected to the t.v.. the sound bar works great with main t.v. but emits a loud humming sound with my apps. Such as netflix, vudu, ect. I can change the language setting in netflix to English from English 5.1 and it will work but I have to change it every time and with every movie. Vudu does not give me the option to change the language setting that I have found. That's a pain having to change the language and I sometimes forget I am afraid I am going to bust the speakers in the sound bar so if possible can u suggest a fix for the problem...

Solution
When you change to English it works meaning you get audio but no loud humming?
You are changing from bitstream 5.1 to pcm stereo when you change from English 5.1.
Look for those settings in Vudu. Might be under audio not language
Make sure the TV audio is set to pcm stereo output.
If the coax cable is a single coax digital cable from the TV then you could get a 5,1 digital to analog converter and connect the soundbar aux input using that.
When you change to English it works meaning you get audio but no loud humming?
You are changing from bitstream 5.1 to pcm stereo when you change from English 5.1.
Look for those settings in Vudu. Might be under audio not language
Make sure the TV audio is set to pcm stereo output.
If the coax cable is a single coax digital cable from the TV then you could get a 5,1 digital to analog converter and connect the soundbar aux input using that.

Solution

jamice2

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017