Status
Not open for further replies.

ComPirateKing

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017
My new Dell Inspiron 7779 with the following specs is super slow. It takes almost 2–3 seconds to open windows explorer and 10 seconds to open Skype. When I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader, my PC went not responding for about 2 minutes. Disk often goes 100% in Task Manager after I open a program.

I did a fresh install of windows 10 to remove all bloatware but nothing changed. What can be the problem? With these specs this laptop had to be very fast!

I tried a lot of solutions including manually adding memory virtualization, stopping windows defender, stopping superfetch, dxdiag, BITS and a lot of other services.

I ran the Dell diagnostics tool to see if there is any problem and all tests passed. Also checkdisk didn't find any errors.

What could be the problem?

Please help me because I am very worried as I spent a lot of money in this laptop and now I am beginning to regret it!

Thank you in advance!

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 7500U (2.7 GHz)
RAM: 16GB DDR4
HDD: 1TB (Seagate - checked it online)
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 940MX

ComPirateKing

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017

So you think there is nothing wrong with other parts of the laptop? Just the HDD?

It could be that the laptop has a low read and write speed. Check this for me. But I am confused about the acrobat reader freezing. I have only had hdd in my windows laptops, one with a 5400rpm and one with a 7200rpm. The slower one took time to load games and other large programs but was ok with small programs.

ComPirateKing

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017

I understand. That freezing makes me suspicious also. What can it be? How can I check the read and writes speed?

What heavy program do you think I can install to see what's happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.