Why is there a video out option on my canon ds6041

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin joopy

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hello,
I am trying to find out if my canon ds6041 can take video. I have gathered from some forums that it does not. So why is there a video out option on camera and a NTSC/PAL option.

Solution
Some cameras have an option for a short burst of video; few seconds or minutes. During production, this feature is included and activated only on certain high end models, but many common parts are used. That's why some cameras may have inputs/outputs that are not actually used. Your manual will tell you exactly what you have.

This practice is quite common in automotive production in order to standardize and minimize the assemblies and SKU numbers. There are connectors and plugs that go nowhere. Same philosophy is applied to other consumer products.
Some cameras have an option for a short burst of video; few seconds or minutes. During production, this feature is included and activated only on certain high end models, but many common parts are used. That's why some cameras may have inputs/outputs that are not actually used. Your manual will tell you exactly what you have.

This practice is quite common in automotive production in order to standardize and minimize the assemblies and SKU numbers. There are connectors and plugs that go nowhere. Same philosophy is applied to other consumer products.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.