Why when i try to move an app from internal storage to external storage it says that there isn't enough space on my sd card wh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Before doing anything, I would back up your files on your SD card though. Just to be safe!

Hmm, it would depend on how big the file you are trying to move is, as well as if the card has any errors, or even if it was somehow partitioned. (by you or someone else). You may want to hook the phone up to a computer and check the card.

You could try the following, to make sure the card itself doesn't have errors.

1. Again, I must say, back up your cards data (or move it elsewhere) before you do this.
2. Connect the SD card to your computer.
3. Open up command prompt (cmd) from the start menu (in windows).
4. Type in the following command, including all spaced.

chkdsk /X /F (drive letter):

For example if your SD card is connected as H...
Before doing anything, I would back up your files on your SD card though. Just to be safe!

Hmm, it would depend on how big the file you are trying to move is, as well as if the card has any errors, or even if it was somehow partitioned. (by you or someone else). You may want to hook the phone up to a computer and check the card.

You could try the following, to make sure the card itself doesn't have errors.

1. Again, I must say, back up your cards data (or move it elsewhere) before you do this.
2. Connect the SD card to your computer.
3. Open up command prompt (cmd) from the start menu (in windows).
4. Type in the following command, including all spaced.

chkdsk /X /F (drive letter):

For example if your SD card is connected as H drive then the command you would type in would be....

chkdsk /X /F H:

This "may" fix the issue.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.