Why When Listening to You Tube, Does the Music Stop?

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
I have seen several of the questions with answers but, what I do is listen to You Tube while working on lengthy WORD Documents. While working, the music will automatically stop and, it receive a query "Are you still watching / listening?" Which I am and then I click on "Yes" and it continues. However, this just started recently in the past month (October 2018) and, I have been listening to You Tube for several years and this never happened to me in the past. What is it that I am missing and how can I prevent You Tube from asking me if I am still there?

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Sounds like you're just another user who is getting slapped in the face by Google/YouTube.

Seems to be a somewhat random rollout of another really annoying feature they have implemented across their music and TV platforms with no current reliable remedy.

See here ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/9htd5b/how_do_i_stop_youtube_from_automatically_pausing/

... and here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/youtube/HEjxEa_yrCo/fqVF-CDZCgAJ

Kingrubberduck99 at the r/youtube Reddit is however saying he/she is having success with Google Chrome by adding the following extensions but is unsure which exact extension does the job or if it is a combination (as can be seen via the link provided above):

1) AdBlock
2) Adblock for Youtube
3) Popup Blocker Pro
4) Popup blocker for Chrome

Good luck - hard to fight the giant!

Lutfij

Splendid
Which OS are you on? I'm assuming that the window for the YT music channel is minimized or second in task/background when you're working with your documents, I'm leaning on the graphics drivers limiting functionality to conserve power(perhaps). Can you please pass on the make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold.

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Lutfij, thanks for your response. I have Windows 7 and use a Computer for all my needs, thus NOT a laptop. For the longest time, while working on Word Documents or on-line Jigsaw Puzzles, I listen to music only on You Tube and never got interrupted like what has been happening for the past month. Nothing has changed and thus am unsure what the problem is. I am signed into You Tube as well. I have an HP Pavilion Standalone PC with a 64GB Hard-Drive.

Am guessing is not a problem, but a "feature" (that unfortunately you don't want).

Netflix also pops a similar box when binge watching, so if one falls sleep it won't be wasting bandwidth. How to turn this "feature" off, that is the question.

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Sounds like you're just another user who is getting slapped in the face by Google/YouTube.

Seems to be a somewhat random rollout of another really annoying feature they have implemented across their music and TV platforms with no current reliable remedy.

See here ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/9htd5b/how_do_i_stop_youtube_from_automatically_pausing/

... and here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/youtube/HEjxEa_yrCo/fqVF-CDZCgAJ

Kingrubberduck99 at the r/youtube Reddit is however saying he/she is having success with Google Chrome by adding the following extensions but is unsure which exact extension does the job or if it is a combination (as can be seen via the link provided above):

1) AdBlock
2) Adblock for Youtube
3) Popup Blocker Pro
4) Popup blocker for Chrome

Good luck - hard to fight the giant!

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Well, I was directed to this website and, it seems that I am not the only one with this problem, as there are many like myself that have this problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/9htd5b/how_do_i_stop_youtube_from_automatically_pausing/

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
jsmithepa: Thanks for your response. Thus far (as there has only been one other response) your response might be the correct and best response thus far BUT, I will continue to wait and see what else might surface before selecting your response as the "Best Response".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 8
S Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
Maineman Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2