Solved! wifi running slow

Dec 26, 2018
I am only getting download speeds of around 28Mbps on wifi but on LAN cable, it's around 66Mbps.
Is there any way of speeding up the wifi connection. I'm a using Dell Alienware M17x-R4 WiFi Board. I have plenty of RAM, 32GB and quad CPU. Any advice would be welcome. TIA

hang-the-9

Titan
WiFi speeds depends on a bunch of things, distance between WiFi card and router, what is in between them (if they are close but there is a thick wall in the middle it will be worse than nothing between them but distance), other interfering signals. Test things close to the router and see how the speeds are. Also WiFi speeds depends on how many other devices on the signal, the more things on WiFi, the less each of those devices can use.

hang-the-9

Titan
WiFi speeds depends on a bunch of things, distance between WiFi card and router, what is in between them (if they are close but there is a thick wall in the middle it will be worse than nothing between them but distance), other interfering signals. Test things close to the router and see how the speeds are. Also WiFi speeds depends on how many other devices on the signal, the more things on WiFi, the less each of those devices can use.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
q4p395p31;q Laptop Tech Support 5
LotusG22 Laptop Tech Support 1
magicalfry Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 0
maverick251722 Laptop Tech Support 1
clovershape Laptop Tech Support 9
Georgeop799 Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 0
dunpd Laptop Tech Support 18
B Laptop Tech Support 1