Will a shockmount fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonuave

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
I recently purchased a Samson Meteor Microphone to do home recordings/commentaries along with a desk mounted boom stand. Of course being the audio newbie I am, I didn't realize the amount of noise that would be made from vibrations in me typing, placing things on the table and all that jazz.
The obvious next purchase would be a shock mount, but will a shockmount even fit my microphone, and if so, which one? I just don't want to buy the wrong products.

Solution
Hi
You could have problems getting a shockmount for that mic as most shockmounts are designed for stick type mics you would need to get one specifically designed for that mic so it would have to come from Samson and I am not sure they make one for that mic.
You could try using mouse mat neoprene on top and under the desk where the stand is clamped and also get a large mouse mat to stand your keyboard on.

Dragonuave

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

I have relocated it to the corner of my desk but still gets all vibrations in the desk. It's crazy how many there are. But a shockmount suspends the mic reducing if not getting rid of vibrations. But which one :/

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
You could have problems getting a shockmount for that mic as most shockmounts are designed for stick type mics you would need to get one specifically designed for that mic so it would have to come from Samson and I am not sure they make one for that mic.
You could try using mouse mat neoprene on top and under the desk where the stand is clamped and also get a large mouse mat to stand your keyboard on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.