Solved! Will LG apps work on a Samsung Galaxy S9+ Smartphone and Tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrawn327

Great
Jun 11, 2018
I have been a longtime customer of Samsung in their home theatre, smartphone, and tablet products. Lately, I have had issues with their home theatre systems not working smoothly. I am considering the possibility of switching over to an LG home theatre system. However, I have about 18 months on my mobile phone provider contract before I am eligible to replace my Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone and tablet. If I switch to the LG home theatre setup, I may switch to an LG phone and tablet when my current contract is up. If I do a get an LG home theatre setup, will the LG apps such as the LG Remote and/or other LG home theatre-related apps be compatible with my Samsung phone and tablet so that I can operate the home theatre functions from my phone and tablet?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
There appears to be applications for TV and home theater in the Google Play store. I would assume LG made these apps universal so they could work with other non LG devices since some people may have an LG home theater system but use an iPhone or Samsung etc. I would think that they should work just fine with your 9+.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
There appears to be applications for TV and home theater in the Google Play store. I would assume LG made these apps universal so they could work with other non LG devices since some people may have an LG home theater system but use an iPhone or Samsung etc. I would think that they should work just fine with your 9+.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from thrawn327 : "LG Home Theatre Bluetooth and Wirless Functionalities with Smartphone Questions"

Status
Not open for further replies.