Solved! Will my TV work with a sound bar?

Dec 18, 2018
I’m trying to decide if I should get a sound bar or just a regular bluetooth speaker. My TV is this:
philips 49pfl4909/f7
4000-series-led-lcd-tv

I’m not tech savvy, but as far as I can tell there is only a couple regular HDMI ports and an analog input. Would have of these work with a sound bar? I have no home theater system and I’d ideally like to have something that I can stream music on from my phone/Echo Dot but also play sound from my TV and Blue Ray player. Any advice is appreciated

Solution
OK SB needs BT capability for your Echo.

But TV typically don't have BT, it wants a HDMI or Optical connection so SB needs to have either of those 2.
Dec 18, 2018
After researching further, I noticed additional ports on back of tv, yay! Has digital output and HDMI arc. My next question is.. any recommendations for a sound bar that can connect through HDMI arc and also has bluetooth for streaming from my other devices? Ideally $100-$150 range

That TV has coax digital and a headphone audio output.
Most soundbars have an optical input and analog aux input so either get a coax to optical digital audio converter or use the headphone jack to the aux input on a soundbar.
If you budget will stretch to a Sonos Beam it will sound good and is Alexa compatible.
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/beam.html
It will stream music for you not just use your phone as a source.