Will Photoshop, Sony Vegas, Dreamweaver run okay on Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2030M 2.5 GHz?

inteloutside44

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Will Photoshop, Sony Vegas, Dreamweaver run okay on Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2030M 2.5 GHz? It is said that it's not suitable for such programs, but i still need to know if i can use this soft. What difficulties i might get into while using this proccesor?

inteloutside44

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Windows 8

How big is the difference between older and newer versions of the software?

Earlier versions of the CS Suite were 32 bit only apps, later versions contained some 32 bit apps and 64 bit apps, and in the most recent (CC) version most of the apps are 64 bit apps (http://forums.adobe.com/message/5785988). I could be wrong but don't think there was much in the way of 64 bit apps in Adobe Suites until CS4. As far as the differences the only thing I can suggest is to do a search and compare the versions. Some changes from one version to the next were minor while going, as was mentioned by A6Quattro, from CS2 to CS6 is a major difference.

A6Quattro

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
CS2 to CS6 is huge, but most changes were gradual. I have two computers with the Adobe CS suite. One is running CS3, and the other is my nice machine with CS6. The CS6 one is a Core i7 Extreme, but the older one is more in line with what your running.

It has an AMD Athlon Tri-Core CPU, 4 GB RAM, and Vista 32 Bit. Even with Vista on there, I can still run CS3 pretty smoothly. I use it daily to maintain websites, so I use Dreamweaver and Photoshop a lot.

I believe that tabbed browsing debuted in CS4, but I'm not positive.

For the basics, I'd think that you'd be fine. A Pentium Dual Core is a mainstream CPU, but definitely usable. My 5 Year Old Vista machine can keep up, so I think that with a more modern CPU, and Windows 8, you'll run the Adobe stuff just fine for everyday usage.