Solved! Will there be permanent damage?

Jun 12, 2019
Hi, last night I closed my laptop while it was resting on some books on my bed and went to the movies. It was still on at the time and someone threw a pile of blankets on my bed over the laptop. When I got back the blankets were quite hot and I turned my laptop off. I'm curious how badly this may have affected it.

Solution
Depends on how hot it got and how long it was that way. There is no way to really know if anything is wrong until you try using it. If you have no problems, great. If you do, then address them as they come up.

You may also want to try running a good temp monitoring program to keep an eye on things for a little while, just to make sure nothing was damaged enough to cause overheating.

Additional suggestion, don't leave it on when you are gone, and don't leave it where others can cause such problems. :)
Depends on how hot it got and how long it was that way. There is no way to really know if anything is wrong until you try using it. If you have no problems, great. If you do, then address them as they come up.

You may also want to try running a good temp monitoring program to keep an eye on things for a little while, just to make sure nothing was damaged enough to cause overheating.

Additional suggestion, don't leave it on when you are gone, and don't leave it where others can cause such problems. :)

Solution