Will this work?

Solution
It should work ok. The RAM voltage will need to be dropped to below 1.575 in BIOS as the motherboard is unable to provide a full 1.6v to the RAM slots.

Personally, I don't see the need for an I7 processor, so I'd drop it down to an Intel Core I5-4690. I'd also switch the RAM for 2x8GB 1.5v DDR3-2133 modules. Lastly, you have two different 2TB hard drives listed. Unless you have a good reason for having both, I'd recommend dropping the WD drive.

-Wolf sends

moonmoonmoonmoon

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
It will work, but yours RAM will work at lower speed, is safer to change your RAM to lower voltages.

You have this ones "G.Skill Ripjaws X Series" or "G.Skill Trident X" that work on 1.5V, this way you don't have any problems.

It should work ok. The RAM voltage will need to be dropped to below 1.575 in BIOS as the motherboard is unable to provide a full 1.6v to the RAM slots.

Personally, I don't see the need for an I7 processor, so I'd drop it down to an Intel Core I5-4690. I'd also switch the RAM for 2x8GB 1.5v DDR3-2133 modules. Lastly, you have two different 2TB hard drives listed. Unless you have a good reason for having both, I'd recommend dropping the WD drive.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Mjl14krox

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

Are you sure I should drop the WD. A lot of reviews say that the Seagate drive has a higher chance of failure. And I chose both the drives because I'm going to use one drive for game storage and videos and I'm using the other for work and general storage. But since it's my first time building a computer I'm new to all of this so I don't know

Mjl14krox

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

Yeah I'll probably use the WD drive for work and general sruff and use the Seagate for games and movies. Since the Seagate drive is apparently more prone to breaking, I'm putting games and stuff on it because I know I won't lose much from it losing all of its data. But do you think that 4 Tb is too much? Perhaps I should get a 3 Tb drive? I don't know