Will trimming video affect subtitles

Sep 21, 2013
Hey guys I want to show my friends a video, but there are some parts I don't want them to see. I wanna trim em out, but will this affect the flow of subtitles? The subs are in srt format. Please let me know. And could u reccomend any free program that's not much to download that can be used for trimming videos?
Thanks a bunch.

dandn0ten

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
yes it will affect the subtitle as the timing will mismatch and you have time it again. im not so much into weak crappy software so idk which to recommend but sony vegas pro

mickypheonix

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
Hi The Adventuring Bacon ,
Cropping should not affect the position of your subtitles ,
I recommend you use a program called VideoRedo this will allow you to select portions of the video you
do not want and remove saving whats left seamlessly and without messing with the audio

You could overlay the video you don't want your friends to see with "black video" (which is basically shooting video with the lens cap on) or a blank image (like a colored rectangle) and that won't effect the subtitles. Depending on the software used the video clip would be on one layer and the overlay video or image would be on the other.